Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Contacts - Is this Apple software still being supported at all?

1. On Apple’s ‘Feedback’ URL, Apple’s app ‘Apple Contacts’ is not even listed as one of the apps available to report on however it is still included in both iOS and OSX so… anybody have a clue here re this?
  2. Selecting a Contact in the ALL CONTACTS ‘group’ and adding it to a ‘group’ seems to only rarely work and the typical UI appearance standard behavior for such is entirely missing. I tried dragging as well as other typical alternative ways (check boxes and command buttons) to select and add the selected Contact from the ‘All’ iCloud ‘group’ to another established iCloud group and it mostly does not work both on iOS AND via the web. Yes, I tried on both iPad and iPhone (iOS 15.6.1). Hardware is late model (last 3 years).

What is up here with this?

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 9:02 AM

iOS 15 does not support moving contacts between groups or lists (Mac OS does, but not iOS). That is a feature added in iOS 16. The alternative for iOS 15 and earlier is a 3rd party app such as Groups. iOS 16 also adds the capability to have the same contact in more than one group.

Here is more information→iOS 16: Redesigned Group Management in Contacts- Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2022 9:02 AM in response to Actually Human

iOS 15 does not support moving contacts between groups or lists (Mac OS does, but not iOS). That is a feature added in iOS 16. The alternative for iOS 15 and earlier is a 3rd party app such as Groups. iOS 16 also adds the capability to have the same contact in more than one group.

Here is more information→iOS 16: Redesigned Group Management in Contacts- Apple Community

Oct 25, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Actually Human

Hi Actually Human,

For your first question, you can leave feedback about the Contacts app under the applicable device instead, as seen below:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Feedback - iPad - Apple

When you mention on the web, you mean the iCloud website, correct? We want to make sure we fully understand what you've tried.

What happens if you create a new "test" group and try to move a single contact there? Does the same issue continue? We want to see if the issue is happening with newly created groups, older created groups, or both. Your answers can help determine possible next steps.

Also, if you haven't already, you can try restarting your iPhone and iPad to see if that may help resolve this, as it can refresh the software:

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Those steps are from this article: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support If you do not have a device listed in those steps, then that article has the additional steps needed for your iPhone. If needed, this article shows how to restart iPad devices: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Take care!

Oct 25, 2022 8:56 AM in response to claire504

Hi and thanks for the reply! Some answers to your further questions: Yes, did try a test group and yes, same problem. Yes, by ‘web’ I do indeed mean going to iCloud.com (i.e., using browser) and trying to do this there. And yes, of course first thing I did was to hard reboot the device(s).

So… my temporary workaround is to have duplicate records for each individual I want as a group ‘member’ (i.e., create group, then create individual member record while in group ‘mode’ such that the individual record becomes a member of this new group). Unfortunately, though, this of course results in those always dreaded duplicate records in the larger iCloud database… sigh…

Thanks,

LR

Apple Contacts - Is this Apple software still being supported at all?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.