Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

low battery warning

How can I increase the amount of time that I receive a low battery warning? I usually get the warning right before my mac is ready to power down. thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 1:50 PM

What the user wants and what the Battery can deliver to the computer may not be one and the same.

Batteries do loose the ability to hold a reasonable charge over time and need replacements.

The fact this 2015 computer in 2022 equals 7 years maybe be telling the user that it can not provide the Extra Time before a Warning of Low Battery is presented.

Have taken enough of your time and wish you good luck with this issue

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Mrnib

What the user wants and what the Battery can deliver to the computer may not be one and the same.

Batteries do loose the ability to hold a reasonable charge over time and need replacements.

The fact this 2015 computer in 2022 equals 7 years maybe be telling the user that it can not provide the Extra Time before a Warning of Low Battery is presented.

Have taken enough of your time and wish you good luck with this issue

Oct 23, 2022 6:37 PM in response to Mrnib

Mrnib wrote:

How can I increase the amount of time that I receive a low battery warning? I usually get the warning right before my mac is ready to power down. thanks.

Use Low Power Mode

Supported Models: Available on MacBook (Early 2016 and later) and MacBook Pro (Early 2016 and later).

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

My battery runtime is low

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2022 2:57 AM in response to Mrnib

How may Full Battery Cycles has this computer experienced ?

Batteries are considered Consumable Products.

Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced.

The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%.

Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

low battery warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.