Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I leave my M2 MacBook Air plugged in to Power?

I use my computer often at home and travel periodically for business. Is it safe for my battery to remain plugged in to my power source, for long periods time?

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 7:54 AM

Rip_Ton924 wrote:

I use my computer often at home and travel periodically for business. Is it safe for my battery to remain plugged in to my power source, for long periods time?

Yes. You can leave your computer plugged in when needed or when convenient to do so. Leaving the computer plugged in will not damage the computer or the battery. The MacOS manages the power/charging system very well. There is no need for you to micro manage the system.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 7:54 AM in response to Rip_Ton924

Rip_Ton924 wrote:

Yes. You can leave your computer plugged in when needed or when convenient to do so. Leaving the computer plugged in will not damage the computer or the battery. The MacOS manages the power/charging system very well. There is no need for you to micro manage the system.

Can I leave my M2 MacBook Air plugged in to Power?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.