Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro 2016 slows down while editing video and audio

I have recently noticed that my MacBook Pro (2016 Processor 2.6 GHz Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz) is getting slower as I work on video and audio editing, while frequently downloading footage and audio files from different platforms (subscription-based). I get the "beach ball" and when I play the video the images tend to freeze for a second, which makes me hesitant whether there is a gap in editing or the computer is having a hard time keeping up with the rendering. Why is this happening and how can I fix this? Thank you for your assistance!

OskeyWaskey

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 5:28 PM

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing the problem.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Try running Disk Utility First Aid on the hidden Container. Within Disk Utility you may need to click "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the hidden Container appears on the left pane of Disk Utility. Even if First Aid says everything is "Ok", click "Show Details" and scroll back through the report to see if any unfixed errors are listed. If there are any unfixed errors listed, then try running First Aid from Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R), otherwise you will need to erase the whole physical drive and reinstall macOS & restore from a backup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2022 5:28 PM in response to OskeyWaskey

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing the problem.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Try running Disk Utility First Aid on the hidden Container. Within Disk Utility you may need to click "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the hidden Container appears on the left pane of Disk Utility. Even if First Aid says everything is "Ok", click "Show Details" and scroll back through the report to see if any unfixed errors are listed. If there are any unfixed errors listed, then try running First Aid from Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R), otherwise you will need to erase the whole physical drive and reinstall macOS & restore from a backup.

My MacBook Pro 2016 slows down while editing video and audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.