Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up a cellular internet connection

Hi, I’m trying to set up a cellular internet connection in my iPad and still there is no service, i follow your instructions about manual setting up of cellular data I found out that my network is SIM NOT UNPROVISIONED. what that does mean?

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 1:22 PM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2022 4:48 PM in response to dnueva

Be aware that the majority of Phone SIMs are not correctly provisioned for most tablet computers - and most will offer no service at all with an iPad. In most cases, you will require a DataSIM that is explicitly intended for tablet computers and Cellular Routers (also known as MiFi).

If you have added a DataSIM and Cellular plan to a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, the number associated with the SIM card is only used to identify your account for billing purposes. This number is not used for making calls or sending messages.

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

How to set up a cellular internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.