Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Ventura is not detect iPhone as webcam or microphone

I follow everything from this topic Continuity Camera: Use iPhone as a webcam for Mac - Apple Support

but still, it does not detect my iPhone when I open zoom, faceTime, or google meet.

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 2:32 AM

I just discovered how it works again..... put your phone in front of you, on landscape mode, locked with the screen off... AND OPEN FACETIME!!!! The camera only activates when the phone is in landscape mode!

The phone must be motionless. Otherwise, it will not work.

I found this solution in a youtube comment.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 2:32 AM in response to niloy97

I just discovered how it works again..... put your phone in front of you, on landscape mode, locked with the screen off... AND OPEN FACETIME!!!! The camera only activates when the phone is in landscape mode!

The phone must be motionless. Otherwise, it will not work.

I found this solution in a youtube comment.

Oct 25, 2022 5:44 PM in response to niloy97

I have tried the following steps but still not working, the Mac Mini 2018 is unable to detect my iPhone 11.

1. Updated to the latest OS version
  2. Wifi & Bluetooth enabled
  3. Connected to the same wifi network
  4. Internet sharing switched off for both devices
  5. iPhone continuity camera option is enabled
  6. Signed in to the same Apple ID with 2 factors auth enabled
  7. iPhone screen is locked, display turned off and in horizontal position (180 degree)
  8. Both devices were restarted after update
  9. Wifi & Bluetooth are working fine

What else do I miss for wireless detection?

For now, I am using continuity camera via USB connection, but I prefer wireless connection.

macOS Ventura is not detect iPhone as webcam or microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.