Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the number separators

I want to change number separators, for decimal to be a comma, and thousand separators to be a dot.

This setting was under the advanced tab of Language and Region in MacOS Monterey.

I am unable to find this setting in MacOS Ventura

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 11:35 AM

From what I've seen in other threads, your choice of region dictates what number separators you have, and if you get the option or not.

As yours is set to United Kingdom, try changing to another (such as South Africa, the region Lizzy has it set to) and seeing if it pops up. My guess is that it will- but even if you change the setting, your changes won't persist when you switch your region back.

At any rate, you can submit feedback here - Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 11:35 AM in response to R7un

From what I've seen in other threads, your choice of region dictates what number separators you have, and if you get the option or not.

As yours is set to United Kingdom, try changing to another (such as South Africa, the region Lizzy has it set to) and seeing if it pops up. My guess is that it will- but even if you change the setting, your changes won't persist when you switch your region back.

At any rate, you can submit feedback here - Feedback - macOS - Apple

Oct 31, 2022 11:29 PM in response to Lizzy.vanwyk

Thanks Lizzy

It is helpful to see that if I change the region to South Africa, I would be able to use the alternate separators. However, I am still getting spaces for the thousand separators and not the period sign. It is still better than using a different convention altogether.

If the region is selected to India I don't get the options. I tried USA and UK, and Germany, France, but the options didn't pop up.

I have submitted this as feedback for feature request to apple, as pointed out by __Bubba__

How to change the number separators

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.