Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW photos become blurry/corrupt after edit

Upon editing a RAW photo, it becomes blurry and corrupt (e.g., can't be shared/uploaded into an album) even after waiting days. Reverting to original makes it work again and the photo becomes crisp again, but of course loses any of those edits. I'm only able to export the edited photo as a jpg to get a working copy of the edited photo (in that case it is no longer blurry). Of note, the thumbnail in Photos does not look blurry. The OS is up to date and no software updates are pending. I see other users are having this same problem.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 11:08 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 30, 2022 8:43 PM in response to butterphat

I'm having this issue also. I've got a 14" M1 Max and a Sony a7Riii. It's been happening since I got the Mac, even over multiple software updates, both on the OS and Photos side. The only fix has been to use my M1 iPad Pro instead, which is very frustrating considering the MacBook Pro cost over $4k. It seems to not be an issue with a particular raw file type, or even a particular OS or Photos version.

RAW photos become blurry/corrupt after edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.