Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ongoing issue with M1 dropping wi-fi multiple times a day

The issue of the "M1 MacBook Air continuously drops WiFi connection" has been an ongoing problem for a long time for so many people posting on here. I have had nothing but problems with my M1 macbook air almost since date of purchase in December 2021. The most annoying and infuriating one is the dropping of the wifi connection almost continuously. This morning alone: 5 (!!!) time in an hour. I have to restart my laptop every single time. This is really affecting my work and relationship with my employers. 

I have tried the fix that i can understand (diagnostic test-no issues) but to no avail. From what I've read on here from others with the same problem, it seems to be a hardware issue. WHY WON'T YOU FIX THIS APPLE?!!! I have started using my 2012 macbook pro again because this M1 is soooo unreliable. My ipad, iphone and ancient macbookpro have not had this issue. Not once.

I also have has issues with my mail and spent 4+ hours on the phone with an upper level help person. This issue has been accelerated to engineers at least twice and yet, it is still a problem. The mail issue coupled with the repeated lost connection issue has me thinking this M1 is a lemon.

I have used and only used many different apple products over all of my computing life with no issues whatsoever. With this current M1 i am losing faith in apple.  Apple, please fix these issues!!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 5:55 PM

Hi bambiwallace,

Commiserations on your difficulties with your Mac and software issues.

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so pleas to Apple posted here can go nowhere.

You can send feedback to Apple, to those who could make changes, if you wish: Feedback - MacBook Air - Apple

We'd like to help, however.

Eg: Some have solved "dropping out" issues by carefully going through Apple Support's article:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

In one case, turning the computer (and desk) to face a different direction worked wonders.

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 5:55 PM in response to bambiwallace

Hi bambiwallace,

Commiserations on your difficulties with your Mac and software issues.

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so pleas to Apple posted here can go nowhere.

You can send feedback to Apple, to those who could make changes, if you wish: Feedback - MacBook Air - Apple

We'd like to help, however.

Eg: Some have solved "dropping out" issues by carefully going through Apple Support's article:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

In one case, turning the computer (and desk) to face a different direction worked wonders.

All the best :-)

ongoing issue with M1 dropping wi-fi multiple times a day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.