Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 2020 Wifi - Inconsistent & slower than my other Apple devices

Hello,

I recently purchased an M1 Mac Mini and it works perfectly aside from one significant feature: the wifi.

The wifi is extremely inconsistent and just drops randomly from time-to-time. Even when it is running consistently, I run Internet speedtests side-by-side with both my iPhone 12 & MacBook Pro 2018 sat literally right beside the Mac Mini, both the iPhone & Macbook get download speeds of 18-20Mbps but the Mini tops out at 8Mbps.

I've absolutely no idea why. My OS is completely up-to-date. I've tried several of the Bluetooth resets/folder renaming advice on this community board but nothing has worked - the issue remains.

Is it just an issue with the Mac Mini's with M1 Chips? I've seen quite a few issues regarding slower Wifi online.

I'd be happy to return the device to Apple to fix it however more than likely I'll be told the device is working fine as there are absolutely no issues with anything else and the Wifi is of course still usable, it is just incredibly frustrating that the other devices don't have the issue and this brand new Mac Mini does.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:59 AM

The Mac Mini’s design (wireless chip location and antenna on the bottom cover) in conjunction with high speed USB devices and cables, can cause both poor and intermittent Wi-Fi and Bluetooth reception.

see > Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac Mini M1 2020 Wifi - Inconsistent & slower than my other Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.