Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Privacy on iPad mini…managed by work.

I have a company owned and managed IPad, what can my managers see on my iPad? Just curious?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 5:44 AM

For enterprise/centrally managed devices, you should always assume that every aspect of device use and configuration is both controlled and monitored by the controlling organisation.

For such devices, you should have no expectation of privacy beyond that enforced by legislation that may be applicable in your country region. Even where privacy legislation may apply, many employers may require that Users either consent to, or waive, their rights to privacy or exemption from central monitoring.

For these reasons, segregation of private and business activity is often preferable for many users - this entailing use of privately owned and managed devices for personal or private activity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 5:44 AM in response to Roxy2469

For enterprise/centrally managed devices, you should always assume that every aspect of device use and configuration is both controlled and monitored by the controlling organisation.

For such devices, you should have no expectation of privacy beyond that enforced by legislation that may be applicable in your country region. Even where privacy legislation may apply, many employers may require that Users either consent to, or waive, their rights to privacy or exemption from central monitoring.

For these reasons, segregation of private and business activity is often preferable for many users - this entailing use of privately owned and managed devices for personal or private activity.

Privacy on iPad mini…managed by work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.