Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts Wait function [v2] (Reopened)

Somebody asked the following question and I was unable to answer the question despite the fact that it could be helpful to others. This is not a very good forum system for the community.

If a question is unanswered, why is it fair to lock a thread so others can’t provide helpful information and subsequently help benefit the community?

I don’t know, but it says I can create another question to answer the question so here it is. (This makes any “spam posting” reason’s Apple may argue, irrelevant, since instead of “spam answers”, the spammer could simply create a “spam questions” 🤷‍♂️)

gacheson

User level: Level 1

——————————————————

Question:

——————————————————

Q: Shortcuts Wait function

Is there a reason that the wait function in the shortcuts app only works for around 3 minutes? Could this be extended?

I'd like to make a shortcut that turns off certain functions for 55 minutes in every hour, before turning them back on again for 5 minutes to pick up any messages and notifications, in order to save battery and general screentime.

This is impossible at the moment as the wait functions stops counting after around 3 minutes, and all functions remain off.

Thanks

Less

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 3:08

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:20 PM

——————————————————

Answer:

——————————————————

A: I believe using the Repeat function will suit your needs just fine. Here’s an example of what I am talking about in a pseudo-Shortcut example:

(Comment) Wait 55 minutes example

(Repeat) 55 times [

(Wait) 60 Seconds

] (End Repeat)

Alternatively you could put together something like:

(Comment) Wait 55 minutes example 2

(Repeat) 55 times [

(Repeat) 10 times [

(Repeat) 6 times [

(Wait) 1 second

(End Repeat)

(End Repeat)

(End Repeat)

Hope this helps someone!

— @Bizzet

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2022 10:20 PM in response to xBizzet

——————————————————

Answer:

——————————————————

A: I believe using the Repeat function will suit your needs just fine. Here’s an example of what I am talking about in a pseudo-Shortcut example:

(Comment) Wait 55 minutes example

(Repeat) 55 times [

(Wait) 60 Seconds

] (End Repeat)

Alternatively you could put together something like:

(Comment) Wait 55 minutes example 2

(Repeat) 55 times [

(Repeat) 10 times [

(Repeat) 6 times [

(Wait) 1 second

(End Repeat)

(End Repeat)

(End Repeat)

Hope this helps someone!

— @Bizzet

Shortcuts Wait function [v2] (Reopened)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.