Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID is invalid or not supported

I can’t understand why I can’t log into my account, it says “apple ID is invalid or not supported” I tried all the methods from the apple support site, except for calling the support service.

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 2:09 AM

Hello,

Since you are seeing the error “apple ID is invalid or not supported" and not any of the security related errors, I am am wondering when the last time you used your Apple ID was and if you had requested it for deletion in the past?

I don't think Apple deletes Apple IDs for inactivity but once deleted they become invalid and cannot be reused again or reopened.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"Deleting your Apple ID is permanent. After your account is deleted, Apple can't reopen or reactivate your account or restore your data. If you aren’t planning to use your account for now but may consider returning to it in the future, we recommend temporarily deactivating your account (where available) instead of deleting it. A request for anonymization will be treated as a request for deletion and follows the same procedure."

"Can I use the primary email address for my deleted Apple ID account to create a new Apple ID or with another existing Apple ID account?

No, once your Apple ID is deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID is deleted, even if the domain ownership changes."

"Apple Support is helping me with something right now. Can I still get help after I delete my account?

Apple Support can help you after your account is deleted. However, any currently open cases are canceled, and we can't help you with issues related to your deleted account."

If you didn't delete your Apple ID I recommend contacting Apple Support to get clarification and help about accessing your account.

"Get Support

We can help you find the best support options.

I hope this helps

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 2:09 AM in response to Nastia_kov_93

Hello,

Since you are seeing the error “apple ID is invalid or not supported" and not any of the security related errors, I am am wondering when the last time you used your Apple ID was and if you had requested it for deletion in the past?

I don't think Apple deletes Apple IDs for inactivity but once deleted they become invalid and cannot be reused again or reopened.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"Deleting your Apple ID is permanent. After your account is deleted, Apple can't reopen or reactivate your account or restore your data. If you aren’t planning to use your account for now but may consider returning to it in the future, we recommend temporarily deactivating your account (where available) instead of deleting it. A request for anonymization will be treated as a request for deletion and follows the same procedure."

"Can I use the primary email address for my deleted Apple ID account to create a new Apple ID or with another existing Apple ID account?

No, once your Apple ID is deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID is deleted, even if the domain ownership changes."

"Apple Support is helping me with something right now. Can I still get help after I delete my account?

Apple Support can help you after your account is deleted. However, any currently open cases are canceled, and we can't help you with issues related to your deleted account."

If you didn't delete your Apple ID I recommend contacting Apple Support to get clarification and help about accessing your account.

"Get Support

We can help you find the best support options.

I hope this helps

Oct 26, 2022 2:02 PM in response to Nastia_kov_93

The same thing happened to me yesterday! I've tried every method mentioned on the Apple Support site, including searching for every email address I have on the iForgot site to make sure I hadn't changed my username and forgotten about it, and I called the support service, but they said they couldn't help me, as I'm not signed in to my Apple-ID on any of my devices... I signed out of the Apple-ID account I got to access the US Itunes store a few weeks ago, as I had to get an app from the Swedish app store, and when I tried to log back into the account I use to access the US store yesterday, I first got a message saying my account had been locked for security reasons and that I had to change my password to regain access to it. But when I clicked to change my password, I got the 'Apple ID is invalid or not supported' message. Apple support told me that my account doesn't exist on their data base, which is very strange, as I've had it for 7 years and was logged in to it not too long ago. I'm not sure what else you can try, except calling Apple Support, if you've tried everything else, but if you figure out how to get your account back, please let me know how you did it!

Apple ID is invalid or not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.