You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cisco Anyconnect keychain prompt

When logging in to VPN with Anyconnect, I get an extra keychain prompt asking for admin password. I googled this issue, and it seems to be a common issue. I wasn't able to find an answer that was up to date, or that I could understand. Whitelisting this app would be good.

Do you have a workaround for this issue?

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 3:51 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 28, 2022 12:20 PM in response to iskanje

Hello iskanje,

1. Please check out this link, which explains why you may be asked for access to your keychain on Mac, and may be helpful: If you’re asked for access to your keychain on Mac

If you’re asked for access to your keychain on Mac

When you connect to an app, server, or other item that’s protected by a password, the item tries to retrieve the password from your keychain. Keychain Access requests your permission to provide the password to the app or server.

Choose one of the following options:

• Allow Once: Grant access this time only. You are asked again the next time the app or server needs the password.

• Always Allow: Let the app or server retrieve the password from your keychain without any further authorization or notice from you.

• Deny: Prevent the app or server from retrieving the password from your keychain. You need to enter the password manually.

2. If an app you’ve already trusted asks for keychain access, please check out this link, which outlines why that may happen, and what to do: If a Mac app you’ve already trusted asks for keychain access

If a Mac app you’ve already trusted asks for keychain access

If an app is changed or infected by a virus after being granted access to your keychain, the app is no longer trusted, and you must grant access again.

A dialog asks if you want to change the keychain to allow access. This dialog appears if you recently updated your system software or the app, or if the app has been modified.

• If the dialog appears and you haven’t recently updated software: The app may be damaged or infected with a virus. Click Don’t Change, then consider checking the software for malware.

• If you recently updated your system software: You must sometimes reauthorize updated apps.
To reauthorize servers, in the Finder  on your Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server, then log in to the server.

Thanks!

Cisco Anyconnect keychain prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.