Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari's Download tab missing file icon (PDF) thumbnails

I recently updated my MacBook Air to macOS Ventura, post which the PDF file icon thumbnails specifically in Safari's download tab have been blank / missing. Rest all file format thumbnails seems to be fine. I uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled, but no solve.

MacBook Air 13″, 13.0

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 6:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 28, 2022 1:01 PM in response to mjaggi

Hey mjaggi,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that icon previews are not working as expected after updating to macOS Ventura.

Does the same behavior occur in Safe Mode?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"How to use safe mode

Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps:

Apple silicon

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
  3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
  4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Intel processor

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.
  2. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
  3. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window."

If so, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly for a closer look: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Safari's Download tab missing file icon (PDF) thumbnails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.