📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone paired devices showing someone else's name.

Hi guys. For some weird reason wny time I try to pair a device to my phone it always comes up as “Ronnie’s *insert device name here*”

”Ronnie’s Beats Solo” for example.

My name is not Ronnie.

i have no idea why it does this. Even my brand new air tags once set up show as “Ronnie’s keys” and “Ronnie’s luggage”

it’s driving me insane!

as you can see all my setting etc are showing my actual name (not Ronnie)

any ideas?!?!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 6:44 AM

1 reply

Oct 28, 2022 4:50 PM in response to Didge2k16

Hi Didge2k16,

To help troubleshoot, ensure the information in your contact card on your iPhone is correct. Check out those steps here: Add your contact info on iPhone - Apple Support

Edit My Card
Tap My Card at the top of your contacts list, then tap Edit.

See if you're still experiencing the same problem after updating your device to the latest version of iOS.

You can learn how to update your device by following the steps in the link below.

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

In order to perform the troubleshooting actions we recommended via the article above, please read through and complete the steps in the section titled "Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly."

1) Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2) Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3) Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4) If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.
5)Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

The reason why we're recommending the steps above is because updating your iPhone can actually resolve many issues with the device.

If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support directly to help investigate the issue: Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers!

iPhone paired devices showing someone else's name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.