You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the apple pencil 1st generation charging specifications

What is the power output from my 6th generation iPad to my 1st generation Apple Pencil? What is the minimum charging specifications for the pencil?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 7:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 7:48 AM

The first generation Pencil is charged from an iPad with a Lightning port - or via a simple adapter from a standard 5V USB power source.

Apple has not, to my knowledge, published the minimum charging requirements - as the Pencil is such a low-power device, it will charge from even the lowest-output USB Power Adapter that you are likely to encounter.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2022 7:48 AM in response to ehubbar1

The first generation Pencil is charged from an iPad with a Lightning port - or via a simple adapter from a standard 5V USB power source.

Apple has not, to my knowledge, published the minimum charging requirements - as the Pencil is such a low-power device, it will charge from even the lowest-output USB Power Adapter that you are likely to encounter.

What are the apple pencil 1st generation charging specifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.