You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I charge my Apple Pencil 2nd Generation

I just bought an iPad Pro 2nd Generation pencil I can’t seem to pair it with my iPad Pro. I was not told about or sold any connection device. Do I need a connection device to charge the pencil? Why doesn’t it charge from the iPad Pro or connect to the iPad Pro

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 5:34 PM

The Apple Pencil 2nd generation wirelessly changes from the device. It should magnetically attach to your iPad in the side using the flat area of the pencil. Once you attach it to the side, it will automatically pair to your iPad and you will be able to use it. Once it is attached it is charging so keeping it attached when not using it will always have it changed and ready for action.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2023 5:34 PM in response to sambleicher@strategicpathllc.c

The Apple Pencil 2nd generation wirelessly changes from the device. It should magnetically attach to your iPad in the side using the flat area of the pencil. Once you attach it to the side, it will automatically pair to your iPad and you will be able to use it. Once it is attached it is charging so keeping it attached when not using it will always have it changed and ready for action.

Aug 24, 2023 4:02 PM in response to sambleicher@strategicpathllc.c

You can find information about charging your Pencil here:

Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery - Apple Support

A second generation Pencil can only be charged using inductive (wireless) charging from a compatible model iPad or iPad Pro. If necessary, verify that your Apple Pencil is compatible with your iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

Assuming that you have an Apple Pencil that is compatible with your iPad, this support page may be helpful with pairing and use of the Pencil with your iPad:

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

If you continue experience any difficulties, here is one of the better troubleshooting guides:

https://appletoolbox.com/apple-pencil-not-working-heres-our-troubleshooting-guide/

How do I charge my Apple Pencil 2nd Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.