Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't non-MAC users open Pages?

Why can't non-MAC users open Pages?

Every Pages document I create has to be exported to either PDF or Word for anyone to read. This is a hassle for many reasons, not the least of which is if I make an edit, I have to re-export my document.

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:21 AM

Because Apple does not offer a Pages application for platforms other than macOS, iCloud, iOS, or iPadOS, and one must use the Pages application on Apple platforms to open a Pages document. Nothing else on the planet can open these Pages documents, and that is why you send Word or PDF documents to non-Mac users.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 8:21 AM in response to sbeddo

Because Apple does not offer a Pages application for platforms other than macOS, iCloud, iOS, or iPadOS, and one must use the Pages application on Apple platforms to open a Pages document. Nothing else on the planet can open these Pages documents, and that is why you send Word or PDF documents to non-Mac users.

Oct 26, 2022 8:16 AM in response to sbeddo

Pages.app is a Mac-only program. However, .pages files can be opened on an iOS device using Pages for iOS or in iWork for iCloud in a web browser for anyone with an Apple ID. Be aware, though, that feature sets are not the same.

If you frequently create documents to be shared with non-Pages users, you will probably be better off using Microsoft Word or a clone such as LibreOffice.

why can't non-MAC users open Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.