Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use your iPhone as a webcam & Desk View on your iMac

When can I start using the iPhone as a webcam & Desk View on my iMac?

I have an iMac 2015 and would love to utilize the Desk View feature.

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:56 AM

onaiR125 wrote:

Thanks John.

But I don't believe this feature is currently available for iMac. (using iPhone as webcam and Desk View)

I believe it is only available for Mac.

System requirement (showing on the Apple site)
macOS Ventura or later
Any Mac compatible with macOS Ventura•  or later

So I'm still trying to figure out if this feature will come to the iMac.

Thanks!

You are misinterpreting this. When Apple says "Mac," it means all its computers including iMac. Ventura requires a 2017 or newer Mac. Your iMac is a Mac and too old to run Ventura.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 11:56 AM in response to onaiR125

onaiR125 wrote:

Thanks John.

But I don't believe this feature is currently available for iMac. (using iPhone as webcam and Desk View)

macOS Ventura or later
Any Mac compatible with macOS Ventura•  or later

Thanks!

You are misinterpreting this. When Apple says "Mac," it means all its computers including iMac. Ventura requires a 2017 or newer Mac. Your iMac is a Mac and too old to run Ventura.

Oct 26, 2022 11:06 AM in response to Johnb-one

Thanks John.

macOS Ventura or later

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2022 10:40 AM in response to onaiR125

Hi, onaiR125, it's my understanding, that you can use your iPhone as a webcam for your Mac/iMac with iOS 16, certain models of iPhone and certain models of iMac.... plus, as you mentioned, Desk View (whatever that is, I recently bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 16 and am still learning how to use it and what it can do.....it's an amazing iPhone, and clearly a big step up from my trusty old iPhone 7 Plus, at least I think so.... I don't need the 48 MP lenses of the new iPhone 14 Pro Max or 14 Plus, 12 MP or so will do just fine for me....anyways, see the enclosed link from Apple which will explain/clarify more about using your iPhone as a Webcam plus Desk View) with your Mac/iMac: ---> Continuity Camera: Use iPhone as a webcam for Mac - Apple Support

john B

Oct 31, 2022 5:00 AM in response to Allan Jones

Hello, i am running Ventura on 2018 or newer Mac Mini and am using iPhone 14 Pro. When I first set it up, I got a notification that “continuity camera” was on .. now I don’t see that anymore. When I try to pair the iPhone with the Mac Mini I get a notification that says, it’s not supported. Puzzling. I don’t see the video icon in the menu bar … until I turn on Zoom … but I don’t see the iPhone image on the desktop monitor (a Dell) … i still only see myself on the iPhone .. which is what I’ve done in the past, use two devices (the dell does not have a webcam). Any thoughts? Thanks. I asked this question to the community yesterday, but have gotten no replies. Maybe you understand this already. : ) swd

Use your iPhone as a webcam & Desk View on your iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.