Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two quick questions on iPhone 14 Pro

I just bought this phone with an Apple MagSafe case and a Belkin screen guard, and wondered about these points:

-- With the case and screen guard the phone seems well-protected, but are the camera lenses sufficiently protected as well? Is the clear material covering each of them susceptible to scratches etc? Any tips on avoiding problems with them?

-- I gather the circular area on the back of the case is for a MagSafe charger. What about the smaller vertical strip below the circle? Is that for an external battery?

Thanks much,

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 3:29 AM

I can help with the first question

The lenses are sapphire glass and whilst they can be cracked if dropped, they are resistant to daily use scratches,

Always put your phone face down on any surface.

Keep one pocket or purse compartment for your phone, away from coins, keys, etc

I have five year old iphone 6S with perfect lens.

With the second question, quite possibly, but if you use Apple Magsafe accessories they will always work.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 3:29 AM in response to FrankO23

I can help with the first question

The lenses are sapphire glass and whilst they can be cracked if dropped, they are resistant to daily use scratches,

Always put your phone face down on any surface.

Keep one pocket or purse compartment for your phone, away from coins, keys, etc

I have five year old iphone 6S with perfect lens.

With the second question, quite possibly, but if you use Apple Magsafe accessories they will always work.

Oct 27, 2022 7:54 AM in response to LD150

Thanks.

After posting my question, I noticed there are third-party companies that sell lens protectors for various iPhone models. However, in a brief search I'm not finding any products of this type on apple.com. I wonder if Apple recommends these, or even sells them? If I tried one, I'd want to make sure it fits the square opening for the lens area on the back of the iPhone 14 Pro Clear Case with MagSafe that I bought.

I have an iPhone 7 about the same age as your 6S, and like you the lens on mine looks really good. But I'd hate to accidentally get a scratch on the new phone's lens.

Two quick questions on iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.