Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when trying to use Find My Phone and the verification code is sent to the lost phone?

I can no longer use Find My Phone. I leave it places in the house, and used to use the Find My Phone to find it with a sound. Every time I try to do that, the verification code is sent to the phone and I can't use the app. Any suggestions? Once I stupidly signed up for "two factor verification" I can't take it off.

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:00 AM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2022 12:03 PM in response to Anc-user

Perhaps I have a setting that I don't realize I have.

Every time I open iCloud and click on "Find My Phone' it requires the validation number.

Every single time.

It is useless. The validation number is on the lost/misplaced iPhone.

It seems that I can only use a phone number for the validation number, not an e-mail address that I could access on my computer. I only have one number. It is on the iPhone.

Is there some setting I can change?

Thanks

Oct 26, 2022 12:11 PM in response to Anc-user

Are you sure that you are logging exactly as FoxFifth advised?

www.icloud.com/find

Earlier today, my wife could not find her iPhone but was sure that it was in the house because she had not left the house for a few days. We were able to log in, locate the phone on a map and then play a tone on the phone to locate it inside a cabinet in the kitchen. No code was ever sent to her iPhone.

Oct 26, 2022 12:30 PM in response to Anc-user

The only way that works for me is if I sign on to iCloud as soon as I open my computer, and keep it open for the whole time the computer is on. Every time I sign out of computer, such as at night, I have to get a validation code to reopen iCloud. If I have not signed into iCloud yet that day, the validation code problem appears.

So I have been opening iCloud as soon as I turn on my computer every day. Heavan help me if I forget and then need Find My Phone!

What to do when trying to use Find My Phone and the verification code is sent to the lost phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.