Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my phone erase iphone two factor verification

I lost both my iphones. I try to erase on find my iphone but apple wants two factor verification by text but I do not have a phone to get the code. How do I bypass the two factor verification to erase iphone via find my phone?

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 8:55 AM

Hi charlesdiss,

I suspect you will need that code. You can look into adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. The document Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support tells you how to do this.

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 8:55 AM in response to charlesdiss

Hi charlesdiss,

I suspect you will need that code. You can look into adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. The document Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support tells you how to do this.

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Find my phone erase iphone two factor verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.