Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The account attached the activation lock does not exist. What do I do?

Hello,

recently I started using my husbands MacBook Pro. I signed his Apple ID out and attached mine. When I did I fat fingered a letter (did not know at the time). It let me continue using the profile we made but kept giving me an error when trying to use messages so I finally reset the laptop to set it up as mine. when doing so we found out that the account I attached my profile to does not exist. i tried entering password to Mac and it kept saying an error. so, what should I do the account its asking for does not exist. it does still show the laptop on my husbands find my/devices. but, it says its not on.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 6:47 PM

If you/your husband are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 6:47 PM in response to Communitymember-ash

If you/your husband are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   

The account attached the activation lock does not exist. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.