Activation Lock

I erased all content from a MacBook Air that belongs to the agency I work for. We are going to sell some older MACs to employees. I was getting it ready to sell so I erased contents choosing, erase data from HD. Now when I boot the computer up, I get the round circle with an explanation point and the words support.apple.com./mac/startup -1008f. I have tried booting the computer while holding down command and R keys and some other key combinations I found in the article for apple support. The laptop is associated with an icloud account of someone that no longer works with us. I either cannot get past the activation lock or cannot get the computer to boot up with an OS. I am at a loss of what to do at this point.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 2, 2023 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 12:47 PM

Please check if this helps -> If your Mac starts up to error -1008F

If your Mac starts up to error -1008F - Apple Support

⤵️

Start up using Option-Command-R

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
  2. Every Mac has a power button. On laptop computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
  3. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Option-Command-R to start up from the latest version of macOS Recovery. Don't use Shift-Option-Command-R, because your Mac will start up from an earlier version of macOS Recovery and the error will occur again.

Or disable Activation lock

Learn how to disable Activation Lock

After disabling Activation Lock, you should be able to start up from macOS Recovery without a -1008F error. When you're done using macOS Recovery, you can enable Activation Lock again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 12:47 PM in response to CRCTeresaTownsend

Please check if this helps -> If your Mac starts up to error -1008F

If your Mac starts up to error -1008F - Apple Support

⤵️

Start up using Option-Command-R

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
  2. Every Mac has a power button. On laptop computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
  3. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Option-Command-R to start up from the latest version of macOS Recovery. Don't use Shift-Option-Command-R, because your Mac will start up from an earlier version of macOS Recovery and the error will occur again.

Or disable Activation lock

Learn how to disable Activation Lock

After disabling Activation Lock, you should be able to start up from macOS Recovery without a -1008F error. When you're done using macOS Recovery, you can enable Activation Lock again.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.