Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro recovery

I purchased a newer MacBook Pro A2251 recently and I went to erase it and do a clean install. Unfortunately when I went to finish by installing the OS there’s an activation lock on it. I’ve made numerous attempts to get a hold of the guy who sold it to me with no luck. What can I do?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 9:13 PM

mshoolman Said:

"MacBook Pro recovery: I purchased a newer MacBook Pro A2251 recently and I went to erase it and do a clean install. Unfortunately when I went to finish by installing the OS there’s an activation lock on it. I’ve made numerous attempts to get a hold of the guy who sold it to me with no luck. What can I do?"

-------

Seems you've been Scammed:

Best you can do is contact this "guy" and have him perform this: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 9:13 PM in response to mshoolman

mshoolman Said:

"MacBook Pro recovery: I purchased a newer MacBook Pro A2251 recently and I went to erase it and do a clean install. Unfortunately when I went to finish by installing the OS there’s an activation lock on it. I’ve made numerous attempts to get a hold of the guy who sold it to me with no luck. What can I do?"

-------

Seems you've been Scammed:

Best you can do is contact this "guy" and have him perform this: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

MacBook Pro recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.