You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook "messenger" deleted an entire android text thread from my iPhone

I was attempting to send a friend (who uses android) a text with a link via the messenger app on my MacBook Air. I had to type the number as the contact doesn't even show up (none of my non-iphone contacts do). Non-iphone texts never showed up on my macbook Messenger app (don't know why, they just didn't and I didn't bother to look into it). My text ended up not being able to be sent (again, dont know why), so I clicked "x" to delete that particular text on the MacBook Air app. When I did, the entire thread on my iPhone (dating back to June) disappeared. How do I recover this thread? I have OS Mojave, so it's an old os and I can't just select "recently deleted texts" like all the other answers state to do. Any other suggestions? I thought I was backing my messages up on iCloud and it shows I have 18.44 GB of "messages" stored. But I can't retrieve anything. Please help!

Desperate in SF.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:26 AM

If you deleted the messages, they are erased permanently

1 reply

MacBook "messenger" deleted an entire android text thread from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.