Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bring back Firewire Audio support in macOS 13 Ventura

Hi, I just got a reply from Apple developers that Apple dropped support for FireWire Audio in macOS 13 (Ventura). I want to kindly request that this is added back. Some people still use expensive digital FireWire mixers with which they record bands in their studio. They are now stuck with worthless expensive devices while the devices worked perfectly fine in macOS 12. I understand that you want to keep the system lean, but FireWire audio is not such a complex thing to keep in a system.

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 2:23 AM

No other solution than to create a new APFS volume and install macOS 12.6.1 on it. It's stupefying that still perfectly good FireWire audio hardware, that people rely on, becomes obsolete without any forward notice. How sustainable is that?

It took me a whole day to reinstall all music software and plugins to be able to record music again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 2:23 AM in response to Stobywan

No other solution than to create a new APFS volume and install macOS 12.6.1 on it. It's stupefying that still perfectly good FireWire audio hardware, that people rely on, becomes obsolete without any forward notice. How sustainable is that?

It took me a whole day to reinstall all music software and plugins to be able to record music again.

Bring back Firewire Audio support in macOS 13 Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.