Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS is DownGread from the Monteray

Then you'll have to downgrade back to Monterrey! Is there any way to keep all the data and downgrade without erasing the startup disk? I have an urgent task to do on my Mac right now, and it just happened to me.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:39 AM

If you have enough free space, you can downgrade to a previous operating system if your Mac supports it. You can always make a separate boot on an external hard drive to read the data on your upgraded system.

Note Sierra older systems, can't read solid state High Sierra systems or later, or APFS formatted volumes on High Sierra or later.

If you open Photos or your music library to upgrade it to a newer system only the photos will be visible, and not the library or playlist files that were upgraded. You can search for individual files by name with Devon Technologies EasyFind.

If there are specific files you want to read in a newer system that you haven't found an application for yet, ask here, and we may be able to help you find it, so you don't have to downgrade.

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 7:39 AM in response to John Galt

If you have enough free space, you can downgrade to a previous operating system if your Mac supports it. You can always make a separate boot on an external hard drive to read the data on your upgraded system.

Note Sierra older systems, can't read solid state High Sierra systems or later, or APFS formatted volumes on High Sierra or later.

If you open Photos or your music library to upgrade it to a newer system only the photos will be visible, and not the library or playlist files that were upgraded. You can search for individual files by name with Devon Technologies EasyFind.

If there are specific files you want to read in a newer system that you haven't found an application for yet, ask here, and we may be able to help you find it, so you don't have to downgrade.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacOS is DownGread from the Monteray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.