Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E-sim or physical sim

Hello I am purchasing an iPhone 13 but I need it with a physical sim since I am getting it shipped to the BVI is it available or will the iphone 14 pro e sim config work here in the BVI?

thanks

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:21 PM

All models of iPhone 13 come with a SIM card tray and Physical SIM cards can be used as well as eSIM.

All models of iPhoen 14, purchased in the US, come with ONLY eSIM capability. No SIM Card Tray. If you are planning to use a carrier in BVI then you have to make sure that the carrier has eSIM capability. If the carrier(s) in BVI cannot provide service over an eSIM, then you will not be able to use the US iPhone 14 models.

NOTE: iPhone 14 models sold outside of the US have a SIM card tray and a Physical SIM card can be used.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 5:21 PM in response to Rod2022

All models of iPhone 13 come with a SIM card tray and Physical SIM cards can be used as well as eSIM.

All models of iPhoen 14, purchased in the US, come with ONLY eSIM capability. No SIM Card Tray. If you are planning to use a carrier in BVI then you have to make sure that the carrier has eSIM capability. If the carrier(s) in BVI cannot provide service over an eSIM, then you will not be able to use the US iPhone 14 models.

NOTE: iPhone 14 models sold outside of the US have a SIM card tray and a Physical SIM card can be used.

Axel F.

E-sim or physical sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.