Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cd dvd compatible to my macbook pro 13-inch 2019 four thunderbolt 3 ports

which cd dvd drives are compatible to my macbook pro 13-inch 2019 four thunderbolt 3 ports

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:01 AM

the apple USB superdrive would work. I really like mine. and it's given me a very long life, and it's still kicking. but to connect it to the TB3 equipped Mac, you will need an USB-C to USB Adapter. and it will not work if you try to connect it through a dock or hub.

and there are many third party optical drives that will work with your Mac. you can go to OWC’s website to research those. and OWC specializes in Mac compatible hardware, so you will know that their accessories work as they should.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 7:01 AM in response to BlackOliveGreen

the apple USB superdrive would work. I really like mine. and it's given me a very long life, and it's still kicking. but to connect it to the TB3 equipped Mac, you will need an USB-C to USB Adapter. and it will not work if you try to connect it through a dock or hub.

and there are many third party optical drives that will work with your Mac. you can go to OWC’s website to research those. and OWC specializes in Mac compatible hardware, so you will know that their accessories work as they should.

cd dvd compatible to my macbook pro 13-inch 2019 four thunderbolt 3 ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.