Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My user name or password is not working

I did an update 16.1 on my MacBook Air. Now, I’m not able to get back into it. How can I fix this?

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 2:08 PM

1 - How silly of me - 16.1 is an update for iPhones and iPad which use iOS for iDevices. Sorry, was confused as this posting ir appearing in High Sierra macOS 10.13 fro Apple Computers.

2 - What is appearing in your reply above is an upGrade for the latest version of macOS 13 called Ventura

3 - The upGrade will require the User to be logged into the Administer Account of this computer. That account is normally the very First Account used to setup this computer when it was Brand New.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 2:08 PM in response to Jerrijv

1 - How silly of me - 16.1 is an update for iPhones and iPad which use iOS for iDevices. Sorry, was confused as this posting ir appearing in High Sierra macOS 10.13 fro Apple Computers.

2 - What is appearing in your reply above is an upGrade for the latest version of macOS 13 called Ventura

3 - The upGrade will require the User to be logged into the Administer Account of this computer. That account is normally the very First Account used to setup this computer when it was Brand New.

My user name or password is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.