Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 pro model number starts with 5G rather then it should start with M or N or F or P

I Have bought iPhone non-active model from the Dubai market. the seller told me that this one from the US apple store they selling this by cutting the warranty out and without a box . they told it would have a different model number rather than having M or F or N or P & when i look on this model number it begined with 5G. I would like to know more about this. is this a genuine phone from apple or a fake?

I am attaching below some supporting pictures of the phone

kindly waiting for reply from apple support team .

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:00 AM

That’s not Apple labeling. You’re buying a used, possibly refurbished by an unauthorized provider, device.

It has no warranty. If it was refurbished by an unauthorized party, it is also completely untouchable by Apple.

2 replies

Oct 28, 2022 1:44 AM in response to mahruappleuser

You would need to contact Apple directly if you want to speak with them. This is a user forum. If you purchased from anywhere other than Apple or an authorized Apple retailer then you should be concerned as it’s possibly a fake. I checked the serial number shown and it says it’s an iPhone with expired coverage. The real question is does the same serial number show in settings on the phone? Just because it’s printed in that label doesn’t mean it’s the real serial number.

Iphone 12 pro model number starts with 5G rather then it should start with M or N or F or P

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.