Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken Alarm Widget on Lock Screen iOS 16.1

My Alarm Widget just stopped working normally and “broke”.

Now on the new iOS 16.1 the widget says: “No Alarms” or “Off” even though I clearly have set an Alarm. Because of this Bug/Glitch I came late to School/Work. The alarm didn’t sound/set off properly.

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 5:07 AM

I have the same problem it says alarm off and even when I turn on my sleep schedule it still says alarm off. I didn’t have this problem before the update and it had nothing to do with sleep schedule it went with what your alarm was set for. I had sleep schedule off. I liked not having to open the clock app and have all those extra steps to make sure I set my alarm. APPLE FIX THIS!

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 5:07 AM in response to orhan7

I have the same problem it says alarm off and even when I turn on my sleep schedule it still says alarm off. I didn’t have this problem before the update and it had nothing to do with sleep schedule it went with what your alarm was set for. I had sleep schedule off. I liked not having to open the clock app and have all those extra steps to make sure I set my alarm. APPLE FIX THIS!

Feb 25, 2023 8:06 PM in response to orhan7

02-25-23: Still not fixed in 16.3.1. I have a sleep schedule set and my alarm issue is similar to what’s been reported here with one slight difference. My Lock Screen widget indeed shows the correct wake-up time alarm in the expected recurring pattern every single day without fail *unless* I change it (edit the wake-up time) or turn it off (say I wake up early enough and don’t want to hear it, so I toggle it off). If I do either of those things (change the time or turn the alarm off), the Lock Screen widget will show the alarm as “Off” after the designated alarm time has been met. Here’s where it’s interesting: I can get the widget to show the designated alarm time again (instead of “Off”) if I simply tap “Off”, then tap “Change”, then tap “Done”. Voila! The widget once again shows the alarm time even though I didn’t actually “Change” it. In addition, I cannot overstate how disappointed I am that we can no longer Skip the alarm in two taps. We used to be able to tap the widget’s alarm time and have a menu show up directly at the bottom of the Lock Screen where one had two choices: “Change Alarm” or “Skip Alarm”. “Change” was in orange font and “Skip” was in red font which made “Skip” so easy to see with blurry/sleepy eyes. You just tapped the red font “Skip” and you were done…alarm skipped for just that day. Now the whole alarm process is such a burdensome point of stress. I was so hoping it would all get fixed in 16.3.1.

Nov 4, 2022 3:10 PM in response to mikeg28806

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, as do these folks (as a sample):

Since I updated to 16.1, my alarms are not showing on my Lock Screen. It just says no alarms but they are set and work every morning. : ios (reddit.com)

iOS 16.1 - Next Alarm Widget on the Lock Screen shows OFF even if I have alarms ON : applehelp (reddit.com)

This is with alarm schedules created via the Health app (e.g. I have M-F, Sa and Sun separately scheduled).

Note that the widget worked perfectly for several weeks on all versions of iOS 16 on my iPhone 14 Pro, until iOS 16.1. So it's definitely a bug in 16.1 specifically.

There are various temporary workarounds involving deleting or editing alarms, restarting the phone after removing the widget, etc. but the problem always returns the next day. Really hoping there is awareness on Apple's part and that this will be fixed in a future update. I'm coming back to iPhone from Android, and this worked perfectly on my Android phone. : (

Oct 30, 2022 4:52 PM in response to orhan7

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities orhan7,

You may want to consider setting a wake up alarm based on your sleep schedule. The following steps explain how:

Change the next wake up alarm
The wake up alarm in the Clock app shows the next wake up time in your sleep schedule (if you’ve set up a sleep schedule in the Health app). Although you don’t set the wake up alarm in Clock, you can make changes to it in Clock after you’ve set up a sleep schedule.
1: Tap Alarm, then tap Change.
2: Adjust your sleep and wake times.
Drag the Ringing Alarm button to change your wake up time, the Bedtime button to change your bedtime, or the semicircle between the icons to shift both times simultaneously.
3: Scroll down to Alarm Options, then change any of the following:
Alarm: Tap to turn the alarm off or on.
Sounds & Haptics: Tap to choose a vibration or ringtone.
Alarm volume: Drag the slider.
Snooze: Turn on to give yourself a few more minutes of sleep.
A screen for changing tomorrow’s wake up alarm, with buttons to drag for changing the bedtime and wake up time, a button for changing the sleep schedule in the Health app, and a button for turning the Wake Up alarm off or on.

To make changes to your sleep schedule that extend beyond your next wake up alarm, tap Edit Sleep Schedule in Health. (See Add or change sleep schedules in Health on iPhone.)

The following page includes these steps, along with additional information that may be helpful: Set an alarm on iPhone

For regular alarms, try removing an alarm, and recreating it to see whether there's any change.

Cheers!

Nov 23, 2022 3:19 AM in response to orhan7

FOUND A SOLUTION!

I just recently switched from Android to iPhone and was wondering why my alarm wasn’t showing. The bug is that it is based on your “Sleep Schedule” in health.

To fix this go in to the Health App (white background with a pinkish heart). In the bottom right, select Browse > Sleep > Your Schedule: Sleep Schedule > Toggle Off.

This immediately fixed it for me, but to check if it worked for you, lock your phone. Wake up your screen and look at your alarm widget, and it should now show the correct alarm.

Hope this helps!

Nov 21, 2022 11:18 AM in response to shahaf257

I am also experiencing the exact same problem. Eventhough my alarm is set for the next day on the app the widget keeps showing alarms off. Usually I turn it off and turn it back on and it starts showing the alarm when it's closer to the time, but the same problem happens again once the alarm goes off the next day. This issue has been happening since I updated my phone to ios 16.1, and this didn't happen before the update. I hope this issue gets resolved soon, because the widget is very helpful.

Nov 23, 2022 11:22 AM in response to QYV42

thats right, when the new update ios 16.1 came out since then there is a glitch in the widget. I had the sleep schedule off in the health App previosly and it used to show my alarms before the new update even if the alarm was set for next morning or a different day. Now it only shows the alarm on the widget when its closer to the scheduled alarm time.

Broken Alarm Widget on Lock Screen iOS 16.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.