Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop file from 2021 Macbook Pro to iPad Pro 2nd gen does not show up anywhere in files on my iPad.

I've checked everywhere in my files and tried again with my Numbers app open (in case that helped). I can't find the file anywhere. I used airdrop to transfer my password protected Numbers file. It shows as sent and the alert sounds when airdrop is received but I can't find the file on my iPad anywhere.

I even did a search in Files for the file and it says "no results".

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 12:37 PM

Thanks for responding but this wasn't it. As I mentioned, the Mac said it was sent, and the iPad made the "I've received it noise". So connectivity was not the issue.

I did, however, get the problem resolved by updating my iPad to the latest OS. I tried again, and then it asked me to open the file in Numbers and requested the password as it used to.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 12:37 PM in response to a brody

Thanks for responding but this wasn't it. As I mentioned, the Mac said it was sent, and the iPad made the "I've received it noise". So connectivity was not the issue.

I did, however, get the problem resolved by updating my iPad to the latest OS. I tried again, and then it asked me to open the file in Numbers and requested the password as it used to.

Airdrop file from 2021 Macbook Pro to iPad Pro 2nd gen does not show up anywhere in files on my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.