Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find Iphone and 2 factor authentication

What if I loose my phone and start my icloud on someone's tablet of laptop. The two factor authentication is requested and it shows on my phone....

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 8:05 AM

BEFORE you lose your phone go to Settings/[your name]/Password & Security. Tap Trusted Phone Numbers: EDIT, and add more trusted numbers to receive your 2 FA codes. They can be a family member’s number, a landline (it will speak the number), or you can create a free Google Voice number.

If you ever have to use a trusted number, when it prompts for your code tap “didn’t receive code” and it will ask which number you would like the code to go to.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Niccetic

BEFORE you lose your phone go to Settings/[your name]/Password & Security. Tap Trusted Phone Numbers: EDIT, and add more trusted numbers to receive your 2 FA codes. They can be a family member’s number, a landline (it will speak the number), or you can create a free Google Voice number.

If you ever have to use a trusted number, when it prompts for your code tap “didn’t receive code” and it will ask which number you would like the code to go to.

Find Iphone and 2 factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.