Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen in my Apple Watch does not respond to my touch!

Why is my screen not responding to my touch on my Apple Watch?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 10:13 AM

Oh-- there is another possibility: Sleep mode may be on. This locks the screen so you don't call someone when you roll over at night. It hasn't been a problem for me. When sleep mode is on, the symbol is this picture of a bed:

Same thing, though. Unlock by turning the crown knob or by pushing it in.

Sleep mode is part of Focus, and it's controlled through settings in iPhone>Watch or on the watch itself.

Use Focus on Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 10:13 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

Oh-- there is another possibility: Sleep mode may be on. This locks the screen so you don't call someone when you roll over at night. It hasn't been a problem for me. When sleep mode is on, the symbol is this picture of a bed:

Same thing, though. Unlock by turning the crown knob or by pushing it in.

Sleep mode is part of Focus, and it's controlled through settings in iPhone>Watch or on the watch itself.

Use Focus on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Oct 28, 2022 9:26 AM in response to Whaticib

One possibility is that you accidentally hit the water lock

This is pretty cool-- it keeps the watch from thinking it's being touched all over when you go swimming or take a shower. This symbol should be showing at the top of the watch if it's on.

It is unlocked by either turning the crown knob (pre os9) or clicking the crown inward (for watchOS 9)

This is an easy fix-- I hope it's what you need.

My screen in my Apple Watch does not respond to my touch!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.