Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 display blue tinting.

My complaint is regarding my iPhone 13 which was brought in September 2021.

In the month of August 2022 my phone display started acting weird and turned tinted (bluish/yellowish). Initially I thought it might be a software issue as the phone does not have any physical/accidental damage and is in mint condition. So I decided to wait for another software update hoping that the bug will get rectified.

Since then few software updates were rolled out and even updating to the latest ios 16 has not solved the issue. Thus I reported it directly to the apple support team and submitted the phone to an authorized service center as advised by the service support personnel.

While submitting I even sent a picture of my Phone's tinted display directly to Apple which showed the bluish tint accurately.

I clearly communicated the display issue to Apple as well as showed it to the service center staff and my phone was submitted on 23 September which was within the one year warranty period.

On diagnosis it was found that the issue was not with the software but the hardware itself and the display component had to be replaced.

They held my phone for two weeks delaying the process saying that no mail had been received regarding the repairs from the Apple team and said that once they receive it, they will be replacing my display.

I was keeping track of the repair/replacement progress and had kept on calling Apple frequently. My advisor was making me comfortable saying it is their duty to resolve the issue and that I need not worry about anything.

After the second week I got a call from apple saying that on inspection by the service center staff it was seen that the display is looking normal compared to other iphones and nothing has to be done.

I was shocked to hear that as I had already sent Apple pictures of my faulty display and directly showed the staff my phone's condition.

I was then asked to collect my phone back and the staff said if anything more had to be done then i should send a video of my phone in comparison to another iphone 13 for apple to re-escalate the issue.

So I did the same and recorded a one minute video comparison of my phone's display with another iphone 13 from the same authorised reseller store itself and sent it to apple.

Finally the advisor from Apple saw that the issue was there and decided to send the video to the Apple engineering team in the US to take a look at the issue and make the final decision.

And today (11-10-2022) i received the final call from my apple advisor and he said "the engineering team finalised that nothing can be done in this case.Normally the iPhone 13 comes with two kinds of display, one is warm tone and the other is cool tone. And unfortunately I had received the former."

From my part I clearly stand against this statement as my phone was looking like any other normal iPhone 13 and was looking fine with the normal white display until it turned faulty for no reason in August 2022. 

I believe that I have been deceived and am very disappointed in the apple service all together.

I just wanted to repair/replace and sort out the issue under warranty but have been denied without reason.

Lots of my time and efforts have been wasted behind this.

I need a replacement for the inconvenience caused and deception from Apple for rejecting my warranty claim. 

Case: 101811263129

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:48 AM

This is a user to user forum, Apple is not here and there is nothing we can do as users to help you.

Click on Get Support in the upper right hand corner of this page to contact Apple directly.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 13 display blue tinting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.