Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can have more than 1 item up

how can I have more than item up? I want to be able to have internet and a word doc up at the same time. After the update, if I open the internet while I have a word doc up, the word doc minimizes to the side.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:27 AM

Hello,

Another option would be using Split View to have both apps side by side in fullscreen.

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

"macOS Catalina or later

1. Hold your pointer over the full-screen button  in the upper-left corner of a window. Or click and hold the button.
  2. Choose ”Tile Window to Left of Screen” or ”Tile Window to Right of Screen” from the menu. The window then fills that side of the screen.
  3. Then click a window on the other side of the screen to begin using both windows side by side."

I hope this helps.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 1:27 AM in response to zashi18

Hello,

Another option would be using Split View to have both apps side by side in fullscreen.

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

"macOS Catalina or later

1. Hold your pointer over the full-screen button  in the upper-left corner of a window. Or click and hold the button.
  2. Choose ”Tile Window to Left of Screen” or ”Tile Window to Right of Screen” from the menu. The window then fills that side of the screen.
  3. Then click a window on the other side of the screen to begin using both windows side by side."

I hope this helps.

Oct 30, 2022 12:30 AM in response to zashi18

You are welcome.

Personally I love this feature when needing to take notes about information from a different app. It utilizes Spaces so you can have a space of Microsoft Word split with Safari while having another space for recording references, background music, or whatever else could be useful to you.

Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

"When you have multiple spaces, you can switch between them by clicking the thumbnails the top of the Mission Control window. Or use these methods, which work even when you're not in Mission Control:

• Swipe left or right with three or four fingers on your trackpad, or swipe left or right with two fingers on your Magic Mouse.
  • Press Control–Right Arrow or Control–Left Arrow on your keyboard."

Can have more than 1 item up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.