Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 pro 16.1 IOS battery draining

Hi there!

I just bought iphone 13 pro and immediately updated it to the newest version. I am curious about the battery and if there is any issues after the update, because I used the phone for about 30 minutes and the battery dropped down with 10-15%. Is this normal or I need to be concerned about anything?

ps. The phone is used just for a simple tasks:

chatting, camera, music etc.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:36 AM

8 replies

Nov 2, 2022 5:15 AM in response to avari1

Three problems I have observed, for 16.1:

1. Battery Status chart is not reflecting the real status: it stated 75% and then 5 minutes later it was 10%, without anything 'active'. Due to historical reasons from 15.0.1, I have learned to switch off all the 'Mobile Data' and 'Background App Refresh', for all my Apps. I did not have any problems with 16.0
  2. Excess heat: I did not have any heat problems with 16.0, but now it is excessively hot; like with version 15.0.3.
  3. Battery Drainage: I had over 2 days of heavy usage with 16.0. Now with 16.1, I have to charge after 6 hours.

Nov 2, 2022 6:01 AM in response to avari1

I had to learn all about this after upgrading from 15.0 to 15.0.1 and their after.

I use it to help me understand, gauge, what application is draining my battery. It falls into three camps:

1. Background activities - your downloaded apps have two settings: Mobile Data and/or Background App Refresh' that love to drain your battery; irrespective of wi-fi(router) or mobile-data (my environment switches between 3-4-5G) usage
  2. Active use of an application - since 15.0.1 simple activities like receiving a phone call drain the battery excessively, EXCEPT for 15.0, 15.1 and 16.0; some how those three versions worked perfectly where I had +2days usage on a single charge with heavy usage. Using apps with the other version, my battery drained; resulting in me having to switch-off everything!!!
  3. iOS application or background activities - there is a lovely icon 'Home & Lock Screen' which is constantly popping up at all hours, where on the chart it shows a roughly 1% battery drain

Saying all this, now with 16.1 the 'chart' does not reflect the status, one moment I am 75% and the next 10%. I have posted a comment in regard to this matter.

I switch between % mode and time mode, to see the 'real-culprit' of my battery drainage.

Nov 2, 2022 5:37 AM in response to avari1

Thank you all for the quick responses.

Since I am Iphone newbie and I am a bit confused using the baterry usage graph, would you guys please check it if there is something to worry about, before reaching further to Apple?

The 5G is turned off, since it may cause baterry drain, no widgets added to the home screen, background app refresh is turned off, the phone is used only for basic tasks.

Thank you so much guys, appreciate it.

Iphone 13 pro 16.1 IOS battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.