Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail cannot access my Exchange account - 'can't verify account name or password'

Hi,

As of 27/10/22, My MacBook Pro running 10.15.7 won't log in to my exchange account and gives the message 'unable to verify account name or password'. I have not changed anything and the password is correct. My iPhone SE 2nd second gen can access the same account with no issue.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 1:55 PM

Hi Richard White7,

Has the account been removed and added again to reverify it?

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, then click Accounts. 
  2. Select an account, then click the Remove button .

Check out: Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you haven't already, your Mac should also be restart. Restarting can help resolve many unexpected issues we may face with our devices. Check out: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Take Care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 1:55 PM in response to Richard White7

Hi Richard White7,

Has the account been removed and added again to reverify it?

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, then click Accounts. 
  2. Select an account, then click the Remove button .

Check out: Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you haven't already, your Mac should also be restart. Restarting can help resolve many unexpected issues we may face with our devices. Check out: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Take Care!

Oct 31, 2022 1:16 PM in response to Richard White7

Hello Richard White7,

Are you using Outlook for Mac or the native Mail account? The link present there is for the Outlook account. If you need to confirm the settings for Mac Mail, then see the Microsoft article: Set up email in Mac OS X Mail

If you continue to run into trouble, we recommend that you contact Microsoft so they can confirm your manual email setup with you and ensure everything is set up properly for your account.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Mail cannot access my Exchange account - 'can't verify account name or password'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.