Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"You cannot change the music library at this time because the current library is in use by a device. Sign in without connected devices to change your music library."

I can't access my 2nd MUSIC library since upgrading my iMac to Monterey. This error message comes up despite me having done all of the things recommended in the many complaints on line. Is there really not some workaround available ??

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 10:22 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 30, 2022 12:42 PM in response to turingtest2

I had already disabled wifi and sharing, with many restarts and shutting down the computer several times yesterday.

When I switched on this morning all was working as expected and has continued today. The little chap who lives inside has decided to play ball ! I've no idea what was wrong. It looks like a problem with wifi on iMac or iPhone. Perhaps both need to be disabled.

Many thanks for your interest and replies.

"You cannot change the music library at this time because the current library is in use by a device. Sign in without connected devices to change your music library."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.