Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

Why is it that even though I purchased extra storage (200 GB) it stills shows I only have 128 GB and I am full and cannot do anything on my iPad? Two days ago I did not have any problems. Now, suddenly, every time I try to do something it says storage full do you want to manage settings? All I can do is delete more apps and nothing changes. I already deleted half my apps, most of my saved email, and many of my Word documents, and purchased extra storage, yet and it still shows the same amount! I read somewhere that the storage I purchased is not the storage in settings. Someone please explain this to me. Thank you!

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 4:22 PM

The storage that you have bought is iCloud storage which is different from iPad storage. iCloud storage is used to store data from apps and backups and sync apps such as Photos, Reminders, Contacts, etc. to iCloud. iPad Storage is local storage on your iPad, you cannot expand this storage.

3 replies

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.