Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daily App Store with app updates.

Since a few weeks ago I am getting DAILY app updates from the App Store. Before I would get update messages once in awhile, not daily. Seems like this is an attempt by Apple to go to the App Store daily to get me interested in apps that I don't need or want! Has anybody noticed this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 11:45 AM

No.

Apple doesn't work that way. Apple isn't in charge of when an app needs to be updated, the app's developer is responsible for updates to their app.

The more apps you have, the more chance of there being updates.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.1; HomePods, audioOS 16.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 11:45 AM in response to RJO43

No.

Apple doesn't work that way. Apple isn't in charge of when an app needs to be updated, the app's developer is responsible for updates to their app.

The more apps you have, the more chance of there being updates.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.1; HomePods, audioOS 16.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Oct 30, 2022 5:19 PM in response to RJO43

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any more Apps than I had a month ago.

the only thing that has changed is that I have a new MacBook Air. Not sure that it would affect my phone. Just seems strange that I would be getting updates every day when that wasn't happening a month ago. Just curious.

Daily App Store with app updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.