Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family iCloud account - can I transfer files from one iCloud drive to another?

I have a family iCloud account - me, my kids and my wife.

Is there a way for me to transfer files from one iCloud drive to another iCloud drive within our family?

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:34 AM

You can share files in iCloud Drive. Apple has a set of instruction on how to share files in Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com

When you are sharing files and folder you will see under the iCloud Drive label in a Mac Finder sidebar a folder called Shared, and is a quick way to access the shared files and folders. An iOS device will have a Shared tab in the Files app.

If you want to move them out of iCloud drive into another part of your Mac or iOS device this will automatically cease sharing them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 4:34 AM in response to John C Lin

You can share files in iCloud Drive. Apple has a set of instruction on how to share files in Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com

When you are sharing files and folder you will see under the iCloud Drive label in a Mac Finder sidebar a folder called Shared, and is a quick way to access the shared files and folders. An iOS device will have a Shared tab in the Files app.

If you want to move them out of iCloud drive into another part of your Mac or iOS device this will automatically cease sharing them.

Family iCloud account - can I transfer files from one iCloud drive to another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.