Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oki printer not working after Mac Ventura update OS13

With every update i have come here to find information on how to reconnect my Oki printer.

This time, this update, it doesnt even switch on at all. i have tried different plugs, different cords etc. My Epson is not affected by the update and i also downloaded updated drivers for the oki. however the drivers do not go higher than OS10.something.

can anyone suggest something please ? i have reset the printer but of course my computer cant find it as it wont switch on. at one point in the fussing around the printer light came on, some sound came as if trying to switch on and then went blank again. but now there is no life at all again (after doing all the above)

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 3:54 PM

7 replies

Oct 30, 2022 6:54 PM in response to fynearts

Thank you for the information.

Without any connection to a computer or a network, the first thing to check would be the pages 20-24 in the user's guide for anything unusual regarding power on and power off conditions. See also page 143.

https://www.oki.com/printing/download/45002102EE701_MC562_UG_EN_263305.pdf?id=45002102EE

Would it be possible to power on the printer at all?

If not, is the AC cable OK? Do other machines connected to the same wall socket work?

If the printer turns on, is it possible to copy a document from the printer's control panel (page 48 in the user's guide)?

Is it possible to print a configuration report or a demo page from the printer's control panel (page 160 in the user's guide)?

Oct 30, 2022 9:02 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

thanks again Jan ... its quite dead. i have done everything you suggest and more - epson printer is fine - connected to the same wall socket. the AC cable ? is that the black one that connects to the power or the blue one that connects to the computer ? i changed up the blue cable to no avail.

the printer is not turning on at all. aaaargh. i do find it far too coincidental having had the OKI printer connecting problem to the Mac happen everytime a new update comes through .... i shall i think take it to a local IT guru and see what they say.

appreciate your suggestions and trying to help. kind regards. Gina

Oct 31, 2022 4:03 AM in response to fynearts

Hello Gina,

The AC cable (power cord) is the one between the printer's AC power socket (pages 15 and 20 in the above user's guide) and the wall socket. AC cable colour unknown to me (seems to be the black one in your message). The blue one that you mentioned appears to be a USB or Ethernet cable, depending on the connection method. By the way, does your MC362 model have a suffix (such as dn or w)?

You could perhaps double-check that the top cover is properly closed (page 125 in the user's guide). No blinking LED in the power switch (page 143)?

Oct 31, 2022 2:50 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

its MC362 DN and yes all is in place with trays and top cover etc. no blinking lights - i wish there were! one of the great things about the OKI is how intuitive it is to 'fix' any problems.

i have had the machine for a lot of years and this is the first time i have experienced this particular problem. i used it one day, the next was Ventura update and now the machine is quite unrepsonsive. could be coincidental but i would like to try everything i can to make sure.

Oct 31, 2022 3:52 PM in response to fynearts

If there are no lights at all (blinking or steady), nothing on the display, and no sound, it could be a problem with the power switch, another switch, an internal connector, the power supply, a fuse, or something like that. Next, it may not be a bad idea to contact a qualified technician, who could do some basic troubleshooting with a multimeter. I suggest that you keep the printer's power cable disconnected from the wall socket until then.

It is difficult to imagine how a system software update would have affected the power supply of a printer. Most certainly purely coincidental.

Oki printer not working after Mac Ventura update OS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.