Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'd like to change my Apple ID, but new email is not available.

I'd like to change my Apple ID, but when I enter the email I want to change it to, it says that email is not available. How can I get it to be available?

I used to have an Apple ID on the new email, but I deleted it over a month ago.

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 7:10 PM

You can’t reuse the email address from a deleted Apple ID.  From the Apple Support Support article below:

Can I use the primary email address for my deleted Apple ID account to create a new Apple ID or with another existing Apple ID account?

No, once your Apple ID is deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID is deleted, even if the domain ownership changes.

How to delete your Apple ID account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 7:10 PM in response to HugoPa

You can’t reuse the email address from a deleted Apple ID.  From the Apple Support Support article below:

Can I use the primary email address for my deleted Apple ID account to create a new Apple ID or with another existing Apple ID account?

No, once your Apple ID is deleted, you can't use the email address that you used with it to create a new Apple ID. In addition, you can't use that email address with another existing Apple ID except as a rescue email. Also, if your primary Apple ID email address is with a Custom Email Domain, it can never be reused to create an Apple ID after your Apple ID is deleted, even if the domain ownership changes.

How to delete your Apple ID account.

I'd like to change my Apple ID, but new email is not available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.