Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook air is started heating when upgrade montery to ventura?

My macbook air is started heating when upgrade montery to ventura? what happend?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 1:25 PM

It is normal for a Mac to become warm with use. It's usually warmer immediately following a macOS update or upgrade, while the system performs a variety of background tasks associated with the upgrade.

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 1:25 PM in response to samrat84

It is normal for a Mac to become warm with use. It's usually warmer immediately following a macOS update or upgrade, while the system performs a variety of background tasks associated with the upgrade.

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Nov 1, 2022 5:53 PM in response to samrat84

It may also mean you have some third party software installed which may not be fully compatible with Ventura. Typical culprits which affect macOS performance and cause Macs to run hot are anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software. None of these apps are needed on a Mac. If you have any of these installed, then uninstall them by following the developer's instructions.

If this does not help, then you can run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

My macbook air is started heating when upgrade montery to ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.