Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Not Appearing in My Notifications List (Ventura)

Hi folks, hope you can help.

I recently noticed that the Safari app doesn't appear in the notifications list so, I can't adjust my notification settings (in fact I don't get notifications from Safari, but I'd like to). Safari does appear on my wife's Mac...

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it back?

MacBook Pro 13 M1.

Many thanks

Mike

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 4:16 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 2, 2022 10:30 AM in response to hogscape

Hello hogscape,

It's possible that you'll need to enable notifications for a website in your Safari settings first, to see the option to enable how notifications appear for Safari on your Mac. When this setting is enabled, you'll receive a prompt from websites you visit to allow notifications.

1. "In the Safari app  on your Mac, choose Safari > Settings.
  2. Click Websites, then click Notifications.
  3. Select “Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications.”

Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac goes over notifications in Safari.

Once you've enabled this, visit a website that would support notifications, and choose to allow notifications from the website.

You'll then want to check Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Notifications in the sidebar to see if Safari is listed.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Safari Not Appearing in My Notifications List (Ventura)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.