Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lightning cable doesn't fit into back of old iMac.

Have old iMAC and wireless keyboard broken so replaced it today with new magic keyboard. It is not showing on Bluetooth list to allow me to go through pairing process. I can however type whilst it is plugged in to an older cable that fits into rear of my iMAC ok. How can I move forward please. I am not technically minded whatsoever and thought it would be a simple process. Easy solution please.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 7:39 AM

The chances of new Apple keyboard being defective are very low (assuming it was bought from Apple direct). More likely, the Bluetooth module on your iMac is defective.

Since your iMac is officially obsolete, your choices are to use the Magic keyboard in wired mode, return the Magic Keyboard and replace with a cheaper wired keyboard or replace your iMac with new. All the best.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 7:39 AM in response to JET2TAYLOR

The chances of new Apple keyboard being defective are very low (assuming it was bought from Apple direct). More likely, the Bluetooth module on your iMac is defective.

Since your iMac is officially obsolete, your choices are to use the Magic keyboard in wired mode, return the Magic Keyboard and replace with a cheaper wired keyboard or replace your iMac with new. All the best.

lightning cable doesn't fit into back of old iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.